On receipt of the form, one of the practice doctors or nurses will contact you to confirm receipt and clarify any issues via phone consultation if needed.
If you meet the current criteria for Covid-19 testing as outlined by Health Protection Surveillance Centre Guidelines, we will submit an e-referral to request Covid-19 testing to the National Ambulance Service (NAS).
- We will send you a text message to confirm that the referral has been sent.
- NAS will contact you directly to arrange this and give further information. This may take a number of days depending on demand and we have no way of speeding this up, please be patient.
- If your symptoms worsen whilst you are awaiting testing, please contact us so we can further evaluate your status.
- While you are waiting for us to contact you, please, please, please self-isolate at home to help slow the spread of the virus.
- Please do not come into the practice as you risk passing on the infection to other patients and our staff.
Please be sensible and follow all official advice coming from HSE and public health. Please avoid putting any vulnerable groups in the population at increase risk unnecessarily.
Please look out for each other, especially any older and more isolated friends and family. Practice social distancing, cover your coughs and sneezes. Most importantly, wash your hands.
*Please note, by completing this form you consent for your data to be sent by automated email to your GP practice’s nominated email account. No personal data is stored on this website or website provider to the website author’s knowledge. If you do not receive a response to your query, please contact your GP practice directly. The website author takes no responsibility for incorrect details provided by your GP practice.